[Inpycon] Conference administration and website administration

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat May 30 07:41:39 CEST 2009

On Saturday 30 May 2009 09:12:24 Parthan SR wrote:
> Senthil Kumaran wrote:
> > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 09:53:09PM +0530, Ranganath s wrote:
> >

> >>        I would like to take the initiative of being admin to the pycon
> >> site..
> >
> > Just saw this. Okay. No problem, but still I am there with additional
> > pair of eyes, hands and a laptop.
> >

> Actually two more as I was given admin rights a day ago. I will try to
> keep a pair of watchful eyes around.

the site is currently a 'toy' site for people to play around with. When we
decide to go live, the database will be reset and everyone will have to
register again. So just get familiar with the interface and ask if you have
doubts. When the site goes live, 1-2 people will have superuser rights. Others
will have admin rights depending on what tasks are allotted to them. For
example I expect a fairly large number of people would get the right to make
posts - things like accepting talks and scheduling talks would probably be
restricted to a whichever committees are set up to deal with this.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves