[Inpycon] PyCon Website

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon May 25 19:34:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
>  What features so we need in the CMS ? I have a simple CMS written on top of
> cherrypy which we use for internal use, basically something tht lets you
> create pages witht a wysiswyg editor and mount the pages on required url. If
> you guys want additional features I can spare a developer from my team for 2
> weeks or so to work on adding feature...

I see no need to spend time and energy building/customising one. There
are quite a few free python based CMSes out there that we can use
(Plone is an example).

> What I have noticed after organizing couple of events, is that look and feel
> of the site matters and wikis just dont provide you the richness that you
> need to attract audience (no falmes please). Instead of a wiki I will prefer
> static HTMl pages with a decent look and feel.

http://us.pycon.org/2009/about/ - Custom app (AFAIK)
http://www.europython.eu/ - Moin
http://www.pyconuk.org/ - HTML + Moin
http://apac.pycon.org/ - Plone
http://liwo.polsl.pl/pycon-pl - Plone

I couldn't figure out some of the other PyCon sites.

We should have *a* wiki on the site. Whether it should be only wiki is
debatable and the points you've raised are valid.

--
~noufal