[Inpycon] PyCon Logo decision

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:06:50 CEST 2009

I prefer voting on the wiki. If someone is willing to upload all the
images, create an account and setup a poll, I will vote on another
site but I'm not going to take any extra efforts to do so.

The wiki should (at the end of the business) serve as a record of
everything that went on. Because of this, I'd like everything on the
wiki.

On 5/24/09, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 08:13:04PM +0530, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
>
>> 2009/5/24 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I think we should keep it open for some more time. voting can start right
>> now.
>
> +1 atleast till Thursday.
>

>> >   Since the voting started before the entries were all in, there's a
>> > lot of noise. I propose that we cancel the existing votes and ask
>> > people to vote again. Is everyone okay with that?
>>
>> How about using slinkset for voting?
>
>> I created a a site and uploaded some logos.
>>
>> http://pyconindia.slinkset.com/
>>
>> Anonymous voting is can be enabled if required.
>> I can write a simple webapp to upload images to slinkset automatically.
>
> I dont like to create another account in yet another site to do a
> voting, Anand. It puts me off. With Anomymous voting, if you mean I
> can vote without registering it okay; but how will you track how many
> diggs I did?
>
> While the site and digging votes is good. Why dont we go for a simple
> measure of writing our usernames as the votes in teh Python Wiki
> itself.
>
> * I see another advantage in the Python Wiki that those logos will be
>   preserved and will give a sense of active partipation that went on,
>   when someone stumbles upon it in the future.

~noufal