[Inpycon] [BangPypers] Fwd: [PyCon-Organizers] PyCon Twitter Bot

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:48:44 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's probably useful if it can be quickly set up.
>
> I think *real* publicity will be gained by people posting/blogging
> about the event.

 You got it wrong. A twitter bot is not for publicity. It is for actual
instant
 updates of any conference events/decisions to those interested.

 For example, we can update important dates/any conference website
 updates to subscribers. For example, when we start accepting
 talk proposals, we can tweet it.

 Twitter is popular among web developers and folks who are up2date
  with technology, so this will be very useful.

 I know someone will say RSS feeds, but there is no doubt that
 tweets are much more instantaneous than RSS feeds.

 Let me try it. If it turns out to be too much of a headache, we can always
 drop it.

> --
> ~noufal

-Anand