[Inpycon] Call for volunteers! Promotional literature

punchagan punchagan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:59:09 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM, vid <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
[..]
> Pycon-India 2009 [InPycon] is a community conference by the Python
> developer community. A purely volunteer effort, it is being hosted for
> the first time in India, and will attract some of the best minds in
> the world of Free/Libre Source Software.
>
> InPycon-2009 will be held in Bangalore, India, between Saturday,26th
> September2009 and Sunday 27th September 2009. In true Libre software
> spirit, INPycon is a volunteer run conference making INPycon2009
> reliant on sponsorship to help turn it into a successful and memorable
> event.
>
> This is the first time that a purely volunteer driven effort by the
> Indian Python community is organising the conference inside India. It
> is a great opportunity to present Linux and free/libre source software
> to schools and colleges in India, and to present India's growing
> Python industry to the rest of the world.

I think, like Noufal pointed out in the meet on May 17th, we don't
want the event to be portrayed as a Python + Free/Libre Software
event. It might put off the developers (or companies) who extensively
use Python but aren't very interested in (contributing to) the
Free/Libre Software community.

I see that only PyCon US mentions being 'underwritten by the Python
Software Foundation'. I don't know if we can and should mention the
support being extended by PSF.

--
~punchagan