[Inpycon] Call for volunteers! Promotional literature

vid vid at svaksha.com
Wed Jun 3 06:28:51 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 23:15, Noufal Ibrahim<noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>    It would be best if pages for these items were made on the wiki
> from the BangPypers page at http://wiki.python.org/moin/BangPypers
>
>   0. Sponsorship Brochure - This will be the page (and maybe printed
> matter) we give to various commercial organisations which we're going
> to approach in order to ask them to sponsor the conference. The US
> Pycon has a rather comprehensive sponsorship brochure. You can
> probably use that for reference.

Here is a draft i culled up from various sources :

INPycon 2009
============
Pycon-India 2009 [InPycon] is a community conference by the Python
developer community. A purely volunteer effort, it is being hosted for
the first time in India, and will attract some of the best minds in
the world of Free/Libre Source Software.

InPycon-2009 will be held in Bangalore, India, between Saturday,26th
September2009 and Sunday 27th September 2009. In true Libre software
spirit, INPycon is a volunteer run conference making INPycon2009
reliant on sponsorship to help turn it into a successful and memorable
event.

This is the first time that a purely volunteer driven effort by the
Indian Python community is organising the conference inside India. It
is a great opportunity to present Linux and free/libre source software
to schools and colleges in India, and to present India's growing
Python industry to the rest of the world.

How To Sponsor INPyCon 2009
==================
INPycon2009 will attract an estimated 200-300 speakers, delegates,
volunteers and organisers from the Indian FLOSS community and
industry.  A large majority of the attendees will identify themselves
as Professional Delegates providing strong opportunity to promote your
brand to a number of influential business professionals.

In time this will scale into a truly international conference with
Python developers and enthusiasts from a variety of backgrounds. Your
sponsorship will help keep INPyCon affordable and accessible to the
widest possible audience while helping you connect to the
sophisticated Python community. A wide variety of sponsorships are
available to match your goals and your budget.

Available sponsorships include:

    * Diamond level sponsorships (TBD)
    * Platinum level sponsorships (TBD)
    * Gold level sponsorships (TBD)
    * Silver level sponsorships (TBD)
    * Sprint sponsorships (TBD)
    * Media sponsorships (TBD)

Other opportunities are also available:

    * Sponsored Development Sprints (TBD)
    * Conference SWAG (?) (TBD)

Questions? Please contact Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>, the
INPyCon coordinator.

General Conference Information
===================
Conference Profile:

    * Two day Expo Hall: 2009Sept26-27
    * Two tutorial days: 2009Sept26-27
    * Development sprints: 2009Sept26-27
    * Python Language Summit: 2009Sept26-27

Note : It is  a WIP as i need information on the sponsorship rates to
be charged before it can be mailed out. Since this has not been
discussed on the list, i have left it empty with a TBD note.

If someone else has worked on it please say so.

Thoughts?
--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||