[Inpycon] available facilities

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu Jul 9 04:16:09 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 10:34:13 Anand Chitipothu wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves<lawgon at au-kbc.org>
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> > open

> > > even if we assume that only 50% of those registered will come, I think
> > > we
> >
> > are
> >
> > > looking at an attendance of at least 500 - we need more space. Two
> > > halls implies a maximum of 12 talks. No scope for lightning talks at
> > > all.
> >
> > Our estimates were that 200 people would come. Is it possible to get a
> > few more rooms?
>
> How will that help?
>
> If we get more people, then we need bigger rooms not more rooms.

as I see it, there are two main groups - developers and undergraduates. We can
assume that most of the students will be fairly new to python and would
migrate to the beginner/medium level talks, while the developers will want to
attend the advanced ones. So if we have a few classrooms available, the newbie
talks can be held there and the bigger halls kept for the biggies. Some of us
were discussing this and we would be happy with a classroom where we could
give several one hour sessions teaching basic python and maybe showing of the
sexier things like decorators, descriptors etc.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves