[Inpycon] Call for proposals on the site

Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 12:05:25 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Ramakrishna Reddy<ramkrsna at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Noufal Ibrahim<noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since we're nearing our actual date, I think we should put up a CFP
>> right away. I'm proposing that we put up the CFP notification right
>> away and close it mid August.  Any objections?
>
> Considering the actual conference in September. Its already late for
> CFP and the other thing selecting of the papers, we need volunteers
> with intermediate to expert python experience and an open process for

How does it work out in other conferences?
People submit abstracts first and then the full material? I think,
this is the common way.

Yes, I agree with both of you.

What we need is this.

Call for Papers.

1) Deadline for Submission of Abstracts.
2) Deadline for notification of selection:
3) Deadline for Submission of the papers:

*** After 2 week full weeks as buffer ***

4) Conference Date: 26th and 27th of Sep.

Going by the deadlines in the reverse direction, the dates are come

1) Deadline for Submission of Abstracts. 15th of August.
2) Deadline for notification of selection: 23rd of August.
3) Deadline for Submission of the papers: 13th of September.
4) Conference Date: 26th and 27th of Sep.

My only concern with this plan is the delegates and speakers who would
be traveling to bangalore from Outside India.
What should we do, advance the dates further?

--
Senthil