[Inpycon] office bearers

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 04:30:53 CET 2009

Hi,

 Sorry for the late reply.  I have been away since Friday to Kerala
 for a family function. I came back only yesterday.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>wrote:

> Dear All
>
> 2009/11/27 Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com>
>

>> Let me nominate your name --- Kenneth Gonsalves for the President's role,
>> can't think of a better person, and you are by far the senior most Python
>> developer I know anywhere in the world.
>> And more importantly you still write code, and not people!
>>

> +1

 +1

>> Anand B Pillai, who's the founder of BangPypers and also an individual
>> sponsor of Pycon for a VP role. Not too many people know this and neither
>> Anand requested publicity, but Anand was among one of two individuals whoc
>> chipped in cash from personal pocket to fund the event.
>>
> +1

 Thanks for recommending my name Ramdas. But it is more than cash or
 sponsorship for me since I involved in Python since 2003 - it has been
 an a great ride. I am happy to say that almost everything that I did using
 Python was a success and at least a couple of my efforts recognized
 internationally.

 Next year I expect to be able to play a role in the PSF itself - things
 will be more clear after PyCon US 2010.

 I think that a VPs role is perhaps more suited to someone who has been
 in the thick of things w.r.t Python in India recently and I have been
seriously
 out of touch the last 1 year or so. My Python activities have been limited
 to filing bugs in Python issue tracker and helping fix a few :)

 I would suggest your own name for this role, considering how you
 are involved with Python so much in your day-to-day activities and
 w.r.t your business. Considering that you are well-known in the govt
 and other circles using Django and other free software, I think you
 could do a more effective job of this position.

 I suggest Ramdas's name to this position. I will be happy to take
 up any other role in the society once the details are finalized.

>> We'll require another VP from another city preferably from North
>>
>> Noufal who is undoubtedly the leader of the first Pycon should take over
>> the secretary's role, because that's the most active one.Other roles are
>> purely decoratory.
>>
> +1

 +1

>> Someone should stand up and be a tresurer, the coffers are rich and
>> surplus with funds.
>>
>> I suggest Ramdas.
> I will be honoured to take on any responsibility in the society.

 Actually, I suggest Srikanth's name itself to this position. Srikanth
 has had a lot of experience managing the affairs of Mahiti for a long
 time, and he is sure to do due diligence to the job of managing the
 funds. Proposing Srikanth as the treasurer.

> Regards,
> - sree
>

> We can fill up rest of the posts when the AGM is called for.....

> Sreekanth S Rameshaiah
> Executive Director
> Mahiti Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
> # 33-34, 2nd Floor,