[Inpycon] Certificate

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 08:44:27 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Ramdas S<ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
> > But if the budgets permit, I see no problem in actually having some
> delegate
> > certificates issued. However someone attending a conference to get a
> > certificate somehow doesn't appeal.
> [..]
>
> I generally concur. I have had a visceral dislike for certifications
> for a long time now.
>
> I do however see Aneesh's point. There is a difference between the
> "tutorial" track (which is an intro to Python) and the other
> conference tracks which are more technical. If a student has a
> certificate at the end of a tutorial saying that he knows Python, it
> *might* help with some employers.

  If it comes to that we could write a script in Python which can generate a

  certificate on Django. It is not very difficult to do so. The URL can be
shared
  with those needing a certificate, protected by a login. They can just
  print it out using a printer locally.

  This is the normal thing done for those courses which companies ofter
  internally. It won't be too difficult to reuse some existing code or hack
  something up to provide a "certificate engine" :)

> It doesn't however fit into the overall scheme of a hacker conference
> though (which is how I personally view this event).

> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in

--Anand