[Inpycon] Certificate

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 05:16:58 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM, adit. g33k <aditya1729 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Aneesh.
>
> Certificates help students while attending interviews and they help add
> weight to their resumes.They boost their chances of getting admission in a
> college for higher studies or getting a job.But a certificate for just
> attending the conference as a delegate is not worthy.But certificates should
> be given to people who are taking active part in organising the conference
> and who are oresenting talks,so that they could use it as a reference during
> their job interviews or during interviews for getting admission in
> universities for higher studies.They do matter for students.Please consider
> this seriously.
>  Best Regards
> Aditya
> 9663775823

  If you are looking at a way to indicate to a prospective employer of your
  contribution to a conference, you could always write a few lines in your
  resume and provide a URL as reference and even cite the conference
  co-ordinates as references in your resume. I think that is good enough.

  Btw, I am not convinced that any employer gives a lot of thought to
  your contribution to conferences et cetera unless they are looking at
  a position which is related to organizing and technology evangelism.
  Most of the time they are only interested in whether you have the
  skills to get the job done, which they ascertain during their interview
  process anyway. Believe me, I myself have numerous conference
  speaking credits in my resume in the "Others" section, but so far
  I have never seen an interviewer or HR, giving them nothing but
  a sideways glance :)

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Aneesh A <aneesh.nl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have got certificates on some conferences.
>>
>> That will be helpful for students like us.
>>

>> --
>> Call me:
>>
>> +91 903 755 72 73
>>
>> For all hardware and software services, Computer assembling, Software
>> Installation etc.
>>
>> Visit my blog
>>
>> http://xtenders.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Earn money free: