[Import-SIG] PEP 420: Implicit Namespace Packages

fwierzbicki at gmail.com fwierzbicki at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:00:52 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> It's also not true even today.  At our PEP 420 sprint we noticed importlib
> does something like this to create new modules:
>
>    >>> type(sys)('foo')
>
> That module isn't a built-in and doesn't have an __file__.  It also
> doesn't have an __loader__, but oh well.
>
> (BTW, Brett, that's pretty clever. :)
Too clever for Jython at them moment :) -- which leads me to ask:
Should I consider this a a feature of the sys module? It doesn't look
too hard to do, and I really want importlib to work when Jython starts
on Jython3 (I'm hoping to seriously start that this summer - Jython
2.7 is progressing well).

-Frank