[Import-SIG] PEP 382 specification and implementation complete

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Nov 2 10:24:24 CET 2011

I have now written an implementation of PEP 382, and fixed some details
of the PEP in the process. The implementation is available at

http://hg.python.org/features/pep-382-2/

In the new form, the PEP was much easier to implement than in the first
version (plus I understand import.c better now).

This implementation now features .pyp directories, zipimporter support,
documentation and test cases.

As the next step, I'd like to advance this to ask for pronouncement.

Regards,
Martin