[Idle-dev] VPAT/WCAG 2.1 request

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 27 21:15:18 EDT 2023

On 6/12/2023 8:49 PM, Sarvi, Kayvon B wrote:

> The LACC Math Department would like to consider using IDLE for teaching
> our courses. We kindlyrequestaVPAT/WCAG 2.1of IDLEfor LACCD District's
> LTI Review Team to review the accessibility requirements. Please provide
> theVPAT/WCAG 2.1in PDF or Word document for our college district review
> process.

I have no idea what VPAT/WCAG is.  In any case, CPython is a volunteer
project distributed for no cost.  We generally leave it to potential
users or 3rd parties to evaluate its suitability.

That said, IDLE uses the tcl/tk GUI framework, which I believe lacks
some modern accessibility features.  From what I have read, tk does not
have, for instance, proper compatibility with screen readers.

--
Terry Jan Reedy