[Idle-dev] Typos in About IDLE - Readme 👀

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 24 00:36:19 EST 2022

On 11/21/2022 4:46 AM, Kevin Dudeja wrote:

> I found several typos in the README documents of the IDLE in the About
> IDLE window.

AFAIK, these were all fixed 3 to 6 years ago and none are in current
releases.

> Help --> About IDLE --> Under IDLE version: 3.10.7 --> README

3.10.7, just months old, does not seem right an you have things fixed 6
years ago. Did you mis-type the version?  Where did you install Python
and IDLE from?  (Please respond to the list, not me.)

> I have listed all the typos I found:
> 1. Section: IMPLEMENTATION
> --> configSectionNameDialog.py  # _Spefify_ user config section name

This file was renamed in May 2016
https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/20bd4c23cfe4
and removed, along with the typo, in July 2016
https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/78a3d3700233

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/17770/files Dec 2019

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/15029/files July 2019

https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/20bd4c23cfe4 May 2016