[Idle-dev] Why does python 3.10.5 dose'nt have run option

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jul 29 11:10:40 EDT 2022

On 7/28/2022 12:54 PM, Vijay Krishna wrote:
> I am just now learning python im studying in class 11 when i use my
> laptop to learn python im not able to see the option run and im not able
> to use the function f5

'Run' only appears on the top menu when editing a file.  It is removed
for the IDLE Shell because simple statements are automatically run when
they are complete and you hit <ENTER> and compound statement are run
when you enter a blank line.  This remains true on 3.10.5 on my Win10
PC.  Good luck in your class.

--
Terry Jan Reedy