[Idle-dev] IDLE 3.8.10 (64 Bit) Edit top inscription

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Sep 29 20:09:21 EDT 2021

On 9/28/2021 2:54 PM, bgfyeew bgfyeew wrote:

> But I ran into a problem when working on a laptop with a small
> resolution of 1366x768
> In the output window of the IDLE, at the top of the inscription:

> *Python 3.8.10 (tags/v3.8.10:3d8993a, May  3 2021, 11:48:03) [MSC v.1928
> 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32*
> *Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information.*

Those two lines are copied from standard interactive Python.  I intend
to make them a bit more helpful.

> These inscriptions are not informative for me, distract and occupy a
> place of work space.

As soon as you need the space, the splash lines scroll up out of sight.

> What causes the desire to remove them or edit.
> 1) Is there an IDLE menu in which you can disable or edit them?
 > 4) If there are no ways, is it planned to be implemented
 > in the IDLE or  Python way to disable or edit?

1. No.  Every option has a cost for both maintainers and users. 4. I
would be opposed to adding this.

> 2) Is there a settings file and configuration in which you can disable
> them or edit?

The settings files are set from the settings dialog.

> 3) What other methods exist to disable or edit them?

Edit the source code.

--
Terry Jan Reedy