[Idle-dev] Big change to IDLE Shell

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 13 16:22:10 EDT 2021

On 28/04/2021 07:52, Terry Reedy wrote:
> 3.10.0b1 is due to be released next Monday.  The big change for IDLE is
> in the Shell.  The first line of entered statement will line up with
> continuation lines and indents will be spaces instead of tabs.

Great news, that will eliminate a whole category of problems
we see on the tutor list with IDLE.

PS. Sorry I'm late to the party, I only check this list
once a month or so...

> to 3.9 (maybe in late June).  The last maintenance release of 3.8 is
> also next Monday, so it will never get this patch.

Pity, I'm still on 3.8... This might be sufficient reason
to upgrade to 3.9...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site