[Idle-dev] A Recommendation On Transparent IDLE (with code)

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Nov 7 04:19:32 EST 2020

> On 7 Nov 2020, at 06:47, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
>
> I had the same thought — “why would anyone want semi-transparent Windows?”
>
> I always assumed the feature existed to show off GPU features.
>
> But here we have a user who found this so useful that they wrote code to do it!
>
> So I think it would be interesting to try and understand the use case, rather than dismissing it.

The OP mentioned that they’d like to have a transparent window to be able to see windows
behind the window. In their case because they want to see the teachers materials.  This
might be useful when using a small screen (at least for some users).

Ronald

—

Twitter / micro.blog: @ronaldoussoren
Blog: https://blog.ronaldoussoren.net/ <https://blog.ronaldoussoren.net/>