[Idle-dev] Fwd: [Tutor] Help needed configuring IDLE

Nuno Ferreira nuno_ferreira at orange.fr
Sat Nov 23 16:14:30 EST 2019

Hello,

Trying to use Python (3.8) + IDLE on my MAC (10.13.6 High Sierra).

Would appreciate help on this very basic issue :

When I write a script and save it, IDLE wants by default to save it in ~/Documents (as listed by File > Path Browser). Is there a way to change this default location to something different ?

The answers received so far from the Tutor maillist are somewhat helpful but I am still looking for more specific help, if available.

Can you help ?

Thanks in advance.