[Idle-dev] Forking Idle - translating menus, etc.

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Sat May 25 05:48:15 EDT 2019

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 11:06 PM Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> On 5/24/2019 5:11 PM, Andre Roberge wrote:
>
> >     Zoom Height used to be checked or not, but Cheryl Sabella and I
> changed
> >     it to switch between 'Zoom' and 'Restore'.
> >
> > Restore Height does not work here (Python 3.7.3, 32 bit, on Windows 10).
>
> I just checked and for me it works (as documented) by restoring to the
> default (rather than to the previous size).  Did you not get some
> reduction from max?  I admit that this can be initially surprising.  I
> believe the behavior is original.  A menu hint would be helpful here.
>
> I opened https://bugs.python.org/issue37039 to polish the doc.

I've uploaded a short video (no sound; wmv file - I could embed an mp4 in
an html file if it would be preferable) showing the behaviour.
http://reeborg.ca/idle-restore-problem.wmv

When I click on Zoom Height, the status bar is hidden.  Clicking on Restore
Height (which I attempted to do twice in that video) does absolutely
nothing. I expected it to toggle i.e. switch back to the height it had when
I started Idle (so that I could easily see the status bar).

At the beginning of the video, I show my screen resolution and related
parameters as perhaps this might be relevant.

André Roberge