[Idle-dev] Problem with the latest version of Python on macOS

Sara Mistral saramsrl at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 22:24:13 EDT 2019

Hello,
I downloaded Python recently on my computer and I have some troubles making it work. It doesn’t allow me to make and if function and elif without the good indentation. I have the latest version of Python (3.7.4) and my mac is updated (macOS Mojave 10.14.5).
As you can see in the picture, the “if” doesn’t align properly. I tried with else, elif, if, and every time I hit “send” it sends me to the wrong indentation.
My dad needs this for his work and he’s trying to learn Python but sadly he is stuck.
Thank you for your help.
Best wishes,
Sara
[Image]