[Idle-dev] Feedback appreciated for two suggested new features

Irv Kalb Irv at furrypants.com
Thu Oct 18 13:10:32 EDT 2018

Hi,

I don't have a strong opinion about the details of the search and replace dialogs.  However, I can tell you that a change replacing the dialog box would be greatly appreciated.

I teach Python classes using IDLE.  The search dialog is a real a problem for new students and me as the teacher.  My students and I often get into a scenario where the search dialog gets hidden behind a editing window.  When that happens, then you try to make edits in code and nothing happens.  This happens to very often.  I have learned to look for the hidden search dialog window, but my students get very flustered.

I think that a search bar would be a great improvement.  If you can model it similar to the one in PyCharm, that would be wonderful.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Irv