[Idle-dev] contributing and versions

Mark Roseman mark at markroseman.com
Wed Jun 20 15:16:50 EDT 2018

I was glad to see the change to require Tk 8.5 (i.e. assume ttk). I took a quick peek at head and there are some easily fixable things that look bad on MacOS (e.g. adding ttk widgets directly to a toplevel without an intervening ttk frame).

I would be happy to address some of those little things, as well as possibly revive some of the earlier GUI changes I’d started on previously but never had the cycles to push through to completion (on top of compatibility with multiple python and tk versions plus the switchover to git!)

Hopefully simple question, what python/idle version(s) are ok with ttk-only code? Are all of those open to feature change/additions, or are some bugfix only?

Thanks
Mark