[Idle-dev] walkthrough/snapshot of IDLE user interface improvements to date

Al Sweigart al at inventwithpython.com
Thu Sep 3 01:04:53 CEST 2015

Hi Chris. I believe Mark is working on getting IDLE to be able to use more
native-looking widgets with his tkinter work. As for "style sheets", IDLE
already has something similar to this with the customizable syntax
highlighting. I have some loose ideas for how this could be improved, and I
was thinking that once the unified interactive shell/file editor window was
done, updating the colors would be a good idea to give the "new IDLE" a
more distinctive look (maybe something along the lines of Sublime Text's
color scheme).

These are just idle thoughts, so to speak, and far from an actual proposal
on my part.

-Al