[Idle-dev] PSF Education WG Kids IDE

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Oct 10 22:05:24 CEST 2015

Nick Coughlin emailed me this link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rXM2-Up59PbOEXqZHbo_jj-zPFkhc---kVVMinPp6M4/edit

I believe everything on their wishlist is either more or less present or
on our collective todo list, with the exception of replacing the menus
with tool bar buttons.  That should be easy enough.

I am NOT suggesting that IDLE should be hard-coded to match a particular
design like this.  Even members of this working group are not going to
agree on every detail.  And clearly, experimentation is needed in real
classrooms.  I am suggesting that IDLE should be more easily configured
to meet different needs.

--
Terry Jan Reedy