[Idle-dev] IDLE: Integrated Development and Learning Environment?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Oct 3 00:59:43 CEST 2015

> I like it. Though of course it's really named after Eric Idle. :-)

Until a couple of days ago, I was planning to propose changing 'IDLE' to
'Idle', which is what I have writen.  I am willing to go with that
change instead.  But I presumed that you must have preferred the
all-caps version, or perhaps not directly naming it after Eric, and then
I thought of how to make 'IDLE' an informative acronym rather than a
clumbsy semi-acronyn.  So now I prefer to change the interpretation than
the spelling.

--
Terry Jan Reedy