[Idle-dev] issue 2704 - shell terminal functionality

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Tue May 12 19:19:55 CEST 2015

Ah ok. I'll examine the various patches, pick the one which seems best
at least to me, and make sure they're tested on these platforms. I've
got access to all of them so should be doable.

Taking a look at the W7 testing now ...

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Tal Einat <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've a Mac available for testing if needed.
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 8:21 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On 5/7/2015 4:40 PM, Sean Felipe Wolfe wrote:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.python.org/issue2704
>>> Title: IDLE: Patch to make PyShell behave more like a Terminal interface
>>>
>>> I'd love to see this patch
>>

>> Which one? The last one? There are multiple patches attached to the issue,
>> with multiple possible behavior changes.
>>
>>> committed to the main line. Do we think the
>>> change is ready at this point?
>>

>> UI changes should best be tested on each of windows, linux, and mac.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Jan Reedy

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.
- Abraham Maslow