[Idle-dev] ttk appearance

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 1 20:54:38 CEST 2015

On 8/1/2015 12:30 PM, Mark Roseman wrote:
> If anyone is curious, here is a ‘before and after’ as to what IDLE’s
> config dialog looks like on Mac, Windows and Linux when using the ttk
> widgets:
>
> http://www.tkdocs.com/images/idle_cfgfont_ttk.png
>
> This is intentionally without any real layout/structure changes, and
> with only minor tweaking to spacing etc.

In the Windows part of the screenshot on
http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/complex.html#notebook
the active page 'Two' is clearly distinguished from the inactive and
disabled tabs with a lighter color (just as with Linux). In the Windows
part of the new screenshot, I do not see this at all, although the Linux
version does have the improvement.  There is also a difference in tab
corners in the two Windows versions.  Are you using a different Windows
theme than before?

--
Terry Jan Reedy