[Idle-dev] Non-buildbot human mediated tests

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 16 02:53:09 CEST 2014

On 5/15/2014 12:26 PM, Saimadhav Heblikar wrote:
> I was going through the htest.py commit.

Code comments should go in a Rietveld code review or a tracker message.
Questions like the below on the tracker are ok, even if the issue
(18104) is 'closed'. After a commit, there can also be a response to the
commit message on the python-checkins list (though one may need to be a
committer to post). In all three cases, the context is available.

> The line klas_kwds['parent'] = root (line 69) and the related comment
> " # This presumes that Idle consistently uses 'parent'", could cause
> certain problems with widgets not directly requiring a 'parent'

The comment is obsolete; it was written when I was thinking only in
terms of calling a widget class. I soon discovered that sometimes a
wrapper function is needed (as in 2 of the 4 cases I tried and
included). A corrected comment was already included in the module
docstring. I just pushed a patch removing both obsolete comments and
revising the docstrings

--
Terry Jan Reedy