[Idle-dev] IDLE extension to integrate 3rd party checkers and analyzers

Saimadhav Heblikar saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:23:50 CEST 2014

On 2 July 2014 12:27, Saimadhav Heblikar <saimadhavheblikar at gmail.com> wrote:

>Getting the checker specific api file into the users system could be
>done through existing framework: pip
>To ensure that the checker is present on the users system, we could
>mark it as a dependency when uploading to PyPI.

Hi,
As a proof of concept for the distribution part of the earlier mail, I
added two dummy packages to testpypi.python.org at
https://testpypi.python.org/pypi/IdleChecker_x and
https://testpypi.python.org/pypi/IdleChecker_y.
(They do nothing except print a single line when imported)

To install,
pip install -i https://testpypi.python.org/pypi IdleChecker_x IdleChecker_y

In the actual versions, these files will be responsible for performing
the logic, like import the checker, format it according to IDLE's
needs and send back the result.
They will also have the respected checker as a dependency.

The middleware generic api will import these modules along with the
parameters like (filename, additional args) etc. It will return the
result back to IDLE/ display the result itself.

--
Regards
Saimadhav Heblikar