[Idle-dev] IDLE dev FAQ

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Feb 11 23:47:22 CET 2014

In article
<CAP97Hn=rXtHfkVD4NtPAm4ALqh2tz88Ad1=cktCy6MTebxPqZQ at mail.gmail.com>,
 phil jones <interstar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 February 2014 19:33, Sean Felipe Wolfe <ether.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How about a page for development of idle? IIRC this has been discussed
> > before -- I'm all for it. Maybe idle.python.org?
> Yes.
> Well that's the end-game. If we can make a decent resource then maybe
> we can persuade someone to get it onto the python.org site.

IDLE is part of the Python standard library and, as such, is developed
using the same process as other parts of the library, with a few
variations (primarily as described in PEP 434).  The process is
described in detail in the Python Developer's Guide.  I suggest reading
that first and then, if necessary, consider proposing a new section to
it for any differences needed in IDLE development.

http://docs.python.org/devguide/

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0434/

--
 Ned Deily,