[Idle-dev] TestCase subclass names; changing template

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jun 23 00:54:06 CEST 2013

In README.txt, I had the template use

class Test_x(unittest.TextCase);

In reviewing existing test/test_xxx.py files, I see mostly AbcTestCase,
AbcTests, and AbcTest, but only rarely TestAbc or Abc. I thought of
going with no prefix or suffix, but that is almost exclusively used used
for classes that are *not* TestCase subclasses. So I decided to go with
the flow and use the 'Test' suffix in test_grep (just committed) and
will change the template. This is what R.J. did with PathBrowserTest. I
will change existing test files when I revisit them anyway.

--
Terry Jan Reedy