[Idle-dev] December bugfix email + IDLE dev status

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 03:03:21 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Roger Serwy <roger.serwy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Fixing IDLE is still a priority. Feel free to check out the issues on the
> bug tracker.
>
> IDLE uses Tk, not GTK, for its widgets. The general concepts are the same
> but the specifics are different.
>
> Cheers,
> Roger

I'm on the tracker now takin a look.

Regarding http://bugs.python.org/issue15392, create a unittest
framework for IDLE... this is actually something I do in my day job...
sorta. I write UI tests for Android apps and I've also used unittest a
fair amount in the past. So maybe I can help out here.

Bugs with patches, should be reproducible until I manually install the
patch, correct?

Thanks!