[Idle-dev] Fixing and Improving IDLE

Roger Serwy roger.serwy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 21:16:30 CET 2011

I am glad that you are willing to help with fixing IDLE. Tkinter
experience is not a strong prerequisite; you can contribute simply by
testing patches already provided and giving your feedback. With more
reviewers we can iron-out any unanticipated side-effects.

I can offer what I know about IDLE's internals if you or anyone else
needs it (while it is still fresh in my memory) .

Al Sweigart's article discusses several important shortcomings of IDLE.
Nick Coghlan created a meta-issue for it: #13504.  Some of those issues
are actually fixed in IdleX.