[Idle-dev] Talking of updates to IDLE

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 01:32:13 CEST 2011

The problem is that what one should test depends highly on what changes have
been made. This is true always in the absence of a test suite, I guess. My
point is that I can think of quite a few "testing recipes" but their
coverage would be rather low, so I'm not sure how useful they would be.

Also, the ability to write tests when fixing bugs which make sure the bugs
stay fixed is IMO a basic requirement. Doing this with recipes would make
quickly make testing too time consuming.

Perhaps tests written with something like Sikuli <http://sikuli.org/>?

- Tal