[Idle-dev] Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Bruce Sherwood basherwo at ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 19 07:16:26 CEST 2010

As was suggested by Ned Deily, I've added this to Issue 10079 at
bugs.python.org:

At Guido's request, I've carried out the same update to the IDLE
distributed with Python 2.7 that I submitted for Python 3, to
incorporate the work of Guilherme Polo in the Google Summer of Code
2009. Guido was concerned that with significant problems reported for
IDLE 2.7, there should be an update despite Python 2.7 itself being
essentially frozen. The basic structure for IDLE 3.2 was carried over.
The main changes that had to be made to the Polo code were the change
in module names between Python 2.7 and Python 3.2 (e.g. Tkinter in 2.7
is tkinter in 3.2). The patch was built from the release27-maint
branch. Issue 10137 should now be listed as a duplicate.

Bruce Sherwood