[Idle-dev] Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:14:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Bruce Sherwood <basherwo at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> I'm quite happy to prepare a patch for 2.7; one possibility is to make
> a diff from the 2.7 version of vidle. I guess I misinterpreted your
> comments about 32/64 etc. I'll be out of touch for the next couple
> days. I'm really excited about a two-day visit to Zuni Pueblo (New
> Mexico).
>
> Bruce Sherwood

This discussion has gone in several directions in parallel, so I'd
like to summarize:

First, Bruce has supplied a patch for IDLE based on 3.1.2, which I will review.

Second, Guido suggested getting these changes into Python 2.7 as well.
Bruce has agreed to supply a patch, and I will try to review it as
well.

Finally, a bug in IDLE on OSX has come up, where IDLE fails to exit
cleanly when a user presses Command+Q. A bug report has been opened on
the issue tracker and it seems that a solution is on the way.

That's all, folks :)

- Tal Einat