[Idle-dev] Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Bruce Sherwood basherwo at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 14 17:29:12 CEST 2010

Yup. Using IDLE on Python 2.7 on a Mac, cmd-Q (or the corresponding
menu option, for that matter), there is no prompt to save unsaved
files. I hope someone more knowledgeable than me about IDLE can find
the problem, or maybe just suggest where I should look. I'll keep
looking, but as I said, I'm baffled that I can't even identify what
code gets executed upon pressing cmd-Q.

I'll go ahead and prepare a patch for idle for Python 2.7 right away
that won't have a fix for this serious save problem. The save issue
can be considered separately.

Bruce Sherwood