[Idle-dev] Submitted Guilherme Polo's enhancement

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu Oct 14 07:51:27 CEST 2010

In article
<AANLkTimqCTK2op+ZA4vqMQqW+Z32mkf7ztp=Fz8sRDYe at mail.gmail.com>,
 Bruce Sherwood <basherwo at ncsu.edu> wrote:
> With great help from Tal Einat on the mechanics of how to submit
> Guilherme Polo's enhancements, I've presented a diff file to
> bugs.python.org against the Python 3.1.2 version of idlelib (tag
> r312).

Thanks for getting the changes submitted!

BTW, I was looking into some other issues with IDLE on OS X and was
interested to see whether these enhancements would have any effect on
what I was seeing.  Normally, at this stage, new features would only be
checked into the py3k branch (the main development branch) of the python
source trees (rather than the 3.1.x branch which is generally only
accepting bug fixes) so I decided to do a quick forward port of the
patch to py3k.  I've uploaded that patch to the issue tracker.  As I
noted there, I found that it had no affect on the other issues so I'm
not planning to do any more work on the ported patch but it might be of
some use as a head start on the py3k port.

http://bugs.python.org/issue10079

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org