[Idle-dev] [Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Jul 12 21:48:12 CEST 2010

On Jul 12, 2010, at 11:36 AM, Reid Kleckner wrote:

> (Somwhat off-topic):  Another pain point students had was accidentally
> shadowing stdlib modules, like random.  Renaming the file didn't solve
> the problem either, because it left behind .pycs, which I had to help
> them delete.

I feel your pain.  It seems like every third person who starts playing with Twisted starts off by making a file called 'twisted.py' and then getting really confused by the behavior.  I would love it if this could be fixed, but I haven't yet thought of a solution that would be less confusing than the problem itself.