[Idle-dev] [Python-Dev] Removing IDLE from the standard library

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jul 12 00:36:33 CEST 2010

> I think Martin has always supported me in some way and I really
> appreciate that. But, maybe because I won commit privileges solely
> based on GSoC work, I felt other developers wouldn't approve my
> commits without previous discussion and that is the major reason for
> not committing most of my patches.

I'm not blaming you for that; I can fully understand how you feel
and how things came about.

I was just refuting the claim that something was fundamentally wrong,
when, among us three, there was just somebody failing to say "go ahead"
(and I'd like to stress that *either* of us three could have said that).

So: go ahead. I won't have the time to review your changes in detail,
and nobody else will, so just put them in, and we wait for people to
complain (in which case I'd hope that you would be around to respond
quickly - as you did in the past).

If there is also Tk patches involved, please do have them reviewed,
though.

Regards,
Martin