[Idle-dev] mixing input and output lines

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:29:35 CET 2009

Gregor Časar wrote:

> When using multithreading the your input and output can mix creating havoc.
>
> I love IDLE and would really like to see this implemented in it. I'd code
> it myself, but none of my queries told me where to apply for dev or anything
> like this.
>
> Keep up the good work,
>
> Gregor

Hi Gregor,

You've come to the right place if you want to try improving IDLE, since this
is the mailing list for IDLE developers and maintainers.

If you can implement it yourself, then you can submit a patch to the main
Python issue tracker at bugs.python.org (don't forget to tag it with the
"IDLE" category and also write IDLE in the subject). But it would be better
to first explain the feature here to make sure that there is interest, to
make sure that your effort doesn't go to waste.

I couldn't understand the feature you are suggesting is. Care to explain in
more detail, perhaps with examples?

- Tal