[Idle-dev] tabs, ttk theme and co

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 04:31:41 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I've been working on a public-but-unknown idlelib branch to add
support for tabs, ttk themes (new in tk8.5 or when using tile) and
today I consider a good day to ask you to give it a try.

* The branch I'm working can be visited here:
http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc/src/idlelib
* For checkout the address is a bit different:
http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc/src/idlelib
* If you only want a big patch to patch your own branch the direct
link for download is:
http://svn.python.org/view/*checkout*/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc/src/tabs_ttk_and_co.diff?rev=65542

If you are going to download the patch, let me tell you that I have
tried patching the idlelib in python-trunk (2.6b2) with this patch and
it works, except with a minor and nearly irrelevant reject in
idlever.py

Some considerations:

- To use Ttk features, I have done a wrapper and you can download the
latest version accessing http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyttk
- PyShell continues in a single for window, I considered it to be
special enough to not allow other tabs being created on its window;
- The patch is not small, and I'm not totally sure that things will
just work since I've been the only tester, so I suggest to not try
doing so much reviewing right now.

Thanks,

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves