[Idle-dev] Options -> Configure IDLE -> Highlighting in Idle 1.2.1

Jeremy Nicoll - idle jn.ml.idle.07 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Nov 19 17:43:30 CET 2007

"Tal Einat" <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached :)

Thanks very much!

I presume I should rename the existing Python25\Lib\idlelib
                                eg to: Python25\Lib\idlelib_original
and then put this one in instead?

Presumably the newer IDLE will read the old one's config files etc and then
when I next save settings and/or exit from IDLE, those will be saved in a
newer format (or with new values in, at any rate)?

Are there any non-backwards compatible changes, eg in config files, that
would make it impossible for me to revert to the original IDLE if I need to?
 I suppose I should back them up too...