[Idle-dev] Newbie Question

Saul Spatz sspatz at kcnet.com
Mon Jan 15 17:58:44 CET 2007

Thanks for all your help.  I'm sure I'll be asking you for some of these
patches, once I've done enough reading to know what I need, but I wanted
to express my gratitude immediately.  I seem to be getting my code to
work, slowly, but I want to follow best practices, if I can.

I've streamlined the functionality a bit, so some of these issues don't
arise any more, I think.  What I'm doing now is allowing the user to
specify the directory for the log file either by typing it into an entry
widget, or selecting it with a tkFileDialog.askdirectory dialog.  Of
course, if the user selects a directory with the dialog, I also update
the text in the entry widget. If I understand you right,  I'm going to
have trouble saving this string in the configuration file and reading it
back at startup.

Thanks so much,
Saul