[Idle-dev] Cleaner Percolator.py implementation

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 14:40:31 CEST 2007

I took the time to clean up the implementation of Percolator and add
some comments and doc-strings. I plan to do the same for Delegator
soon. I have found these to be very confusing and hard to understand,
although they could be a good piece of code to learn from. I hope I've
made the code more Pythonic :)

This version of Percolator inherits from Delegator (since a Percolator
"is a" Delegator, after all). I've also refactored the
Tk-Text-widget-specific stuff into a subclass, TkTextPercolator, which
is functionally equivalent to the original Percolator.

To use this in IDLE, use this file instead of Percolator.py (either
replace it or import this file instead of the original), and use the
TkTextPercolator class instead of Percolator (in EditorWindow.py).

I'm willing to post this as a patch on SF if there is any interest.

Comments are most welcome :)
- Tal