[Idle-dev] IDLE Hung up after open script by command line

Marek Nowicki faramir2 at gazeta.pl
Tue Sep 19 13:45:57 CEST 2006

Hello,

I wrote that code in python and saved as prx.py:
--- CUT ---
 from BaseHTTPServer import HTTPServer, BaseHTTPRequestHandler
 from time import strftime, gmtime
import urllib2
import thread
 from sys import stdout
class RequestHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
     def serve(self):
         print "%s %s %s\r\n%s" % (self.command, self.path,
self.request_version, self.headers)
         header={}
         header["content-length"]=0
         for i in str(self.headers).split("\r\n"):
             j=i.split(":", 1)
             if len(j)==2:
                 header[j[0].strip().lower()] = j[1].strip()
         content=self.rfile.read(int(header["content-length"]))
         print content
         url="http://faramir2.prv.pl"
         u=urllib2.urlopen(url)
         for i,j in u.info().items():
             print "%s: %s" % (i,j)
         self.server_version = "Apache"
         self.sys_version = ""
         self.send_response(200)
         self.send_header("Content-type", "text/html; charset=ISO-8859-2")
         self.send_header("Connectin", "close")
         self.end_headers()
     def do_POST(self): self.serve()
     def do_HEAD(self): self.serve()
     def do_GET(self): self.serve()
# from sys import exit
# exit(1)
address = ("", 80)
server = HTTPServer(address, RequestHandler)
thread.start_new_thread(server.serve_forever, () )
--- CUT ---

When I right click on that file and select "Edit with IDLE" it opens. Then
when I push F5 the script is running. *Python Shell* is restarting. But
when I try to connect by browser to http://localhost:80/ IDLE Hung-up. I
don't see that hung ups when I open IDLE from shortcut and then in IDLE
open file prx.py and run it works normally - good. IDLE does't hung up.

I don't know why it works like that, but I think that it's bug..

Python version: 2.5c2
Tk version: 8.4
IDLE version: 1.2c2

regards,