[Idle-dev] Request for review: IDLE L&F on OSX

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jun 5 19:16:53 CEST 2006

On 6/5/06, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
> I'd really it if someone could have a look at patch 1491759
> (www.python.org/sf/1491759). This patch improves the L&F of IDLE on
> MacOS X.  I'd like to have this in before 2.5b1 ;-)

I gave it a quick try. It still needs work I think (unless for some
strange reason it was executing the old version?)

- very strange: when I start it from Terminal, it keeps coming up in
the background (maybe beacuse the X server is already running?)

- it comes up with the Windows bindings as defaults (and yes, I threw
away ~/.idlerc)

- when I change the bindings, they are messed up until I restart
(option-command-N instead of command-N etc)

- even then, option-2 doesn't zoom the window height as promised by
the Windows menu; it inserts a TM sign

- other option-shortcuts similar

- when I invoke zoom height from the Widnows menu, the title bar hides
behind the menu bar

- "About" says "About Tcl * Tk..."

- The run menu promises that F5 will run the module, but not so --
it's volume up :-)

This was on a ~6mo old PowerBook running OS X 10.4.6.