[Idle-dev] IDLE crashes on OS X

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Thu Dec 21 21:56:13 CET 2006

"Mick Lumsdon" <mick.lumsdon at gmail.com> writes:

> I am having a major problem using IDLE on my imac: it crashes as soon
> as I select 'preferences' (on IDLE 1.2, Python 2.5)  or 'configure
> IDLE' (IDLE 1.1.4, Python 2.4.4)
>
> Terminal reports a "Segmentation fault" upon the crash.
>
> My system is OS X v 10.4.8, iMac G5, 1 GB ram, and seems otherwise stable.
>
> Please, can anyone tell me is there a known cause for this behaviour?
> Should I direct this query elsewhere?

The best thing would be to enter a bug on the Python Tracker:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=105470&group_id=5470&func=browse

I don't have a way of testing on the Mac.

IDLE is written in pure Python, so it's either something in Python itself,
the installation on OS X, or a problem with your imac.  I haven't heard
about a problem like this.

--
KBK